ESET MOBILE SECURITY FEATURES & EXPLANTIONS
Here is a list of the Features included in ESET Mobile Security with explanations:
- Antitheft System - Allows you to guard against phone loss or theft with multiple layers of security that allow you to maintain control remotely over phone-stored data with simple to use text commands.
- Antivirus - A feature which detects known and unknown viruses and provides the option to remove these viruses as needed.
- SMS/MMS Antispam - This feature stops unwanted SMS and MMS spam mail reaching your inbox.
- Remote Lock - Prevents unauthorised access of your phone's data, which is an incredibly useful feature in the case of a stolen/lost mobile.
- Find Device - Find your lost or stolen phone on a GPS map.
- Remote Wipe - Wipes all personal information and returns to factory settings which is another useful feature in the case of a lost/stolen phone
- Password Reset - Reset your password incase you lose it
- Trusted Friend - Designate a contact to remotely reset your password if needed and who will be alerted by SMS if an unauthorized SIM card is inserted into your phone.
- Advanced On-Access Scanning - Protect your smartphone with ESET's heuristics detection that alerts you to any suspicious activity on your phone. All applications, files, folders and SD memory cards are continually scanned for trojans, viruses, worms, spyware, spam, and other attacks.
- SIM Matching - Create a list of trusted SIM cards for your phone. In case of an unauthorized SIM card insertion, you are automatically notified by a text message sent to an alternate phone number.
- Security Audit With built-in Task Manager - Monitor all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility. Take action on the spot, including terminating any processes that increase your security risk.
- Settings and Uninstall Protection - Password-protect your settings from being modified and unauthorized uninstallation of ESET Mobile Security for Android (available for Android version 2.2 or higher).